After nearly 15 years of marriage Valentine’s Day isn’t about a dozen roses or diamonds, it’s about having each other’s backs no matter what and believing in each other.
It’s about encouraging texts throughout the work day.
It’s about helping each other chase a hog around your farm in a snowstorm.
It’s about him being just as excited as you are to get the mail.
It’s about hauling hogs to the locker in a blizzard that you have worked hard to raise as a team.
It’s about stopping to eat supper at a small bar, rather than a fancy restaurant.
It’s about your partner not caring if his wife is wearing Carhartt bibs on Valentines night!
It’s about being partners in love, life, and the long haul. In sickness of Crohn’s disease and health, in the good years and the bad, it’s about teamwork and tackling all challenges as a team! ❤️
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! How did you spend yours?
From the gravel road,
How can Grace be turning 11? This doesn’t even seem possible. I remember the day I delivered her like it was last Saturday!
In honor of her birthday I thought I would post 11 things I love about her, obviously there are many more, but in honor of her 11th birthday…
- Her sense of humor-she lays out one liners that literally make my guts hurt!
- Her creativity-whether it is quilting, painting, drawing or working in her Wreck This Journal, she is so creative!
- Heart-Grace has a huge heart. She often doesn’t even understand why someone would call someone a name or pick on someone
- Cats-she loves cats so much! We call her the future crazy cat lady.
- Bath bombs-she makes the best bath bombs, even though she uses a LOT of my oils to do it.
- Cupcakes-she loves to invent and try to create different kinds of cupcakes (chocolate potato chip cupcakes, anyone?)
- Her love for her sister, they argue, they fight-at the end of the day she would defend her in a heartbeat
- Her love of school, as an educator of course this makes me happy, she truly loves to learn and loves the social aspect of school..
- Her carefree personality. Literally since she was a baby she could care less what people thought of her outfit, hair, etc.
- Her love of music-she loves to rock out and sing along with her keyboard and she has a beautiful voice.
- Her cautiousness over new things. She likes to know all of the details of what’s coming next or what to expect.
I love you my little Pumpkin Pie!
Do you have any fun birthday traditions? Do you allow your children to have “friend” birthday parties?
From the gravel road-